I am a cultural (medical) anthropologist whose research focuses on questions of care in contexts of crisis and social inequality. I work in South America, primarily Brazil.
I am currently working on two projects: one on childbirth and maternal health policy implementation, the other on disability and the social impacts of the Zika virus epidemic, both in Bahia, Brazil.
Currently, I am a Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow in Latin American Studies at Washington University in St. Louis.
- PhD in Anthropology (Rice University, 2019)
- MA in Anthropology (Rice University, 2016)
- Graduate certificate in the Study of Women, Gender, and Sexuality (Rice University, 2016)
- BA in Women & Gender Studies (University of Colorado, Boulder, 2009)
- BA in Spanish – Spanish & Portuguese track (University of Colorado, Boulder, 2009)